WELCOME TO THE LA 1ST YSA WARD HOUSING WEBSITE!
Please view the posts below to see if anything meets your needs. To post something, please send a description of what is needed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a description of what is needed and any pictures of the unit you are looking to fill. The Santa Monica YSA Ward also has a housing website that can be accessed with this link. You may also want to try LDS Housing or Ward Stuff. Here are a few other useful website that may be useful for finding apartments in LA: ultimateLA.com, craigslist, and westsiderentals.com.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
1. My name is Ambree Klemm and I'm making plans to move out to the area in February and looking for housing. Due to of the nature of my work, I would prefer to have a private room or my own place (perhaps a guest house or studio to rent), but I'm open to anything. I'm low maintenance, friendly and responsible. Feel free to contact me (text or call) at (702)526-0876 with any leads.
1. My roommate will be moving out by mid-December. The place we live in is a two bedroom master suites (each bedroom has its own bathroom including shower connected to it), very nice place for Huntington Beach. The apartment was remodeled shortly before we moved in. Some of the other pluses include: professional roommate, super clean, nice carpet, laundry room for the apartment complex (only six units total), plenty of street parking, cable (large flat screen TV already in place) and Internet already setup, couches in place, dishwasher, garage (big enough for storage in addition to having a car parked in it), an area where a lot of people from the ward live close by, six blocks from the beach in the numbered streets. Rent is $900/month + utilities (which average about $75/month/for each of us). In speaking with the property management company they seem open to us negotiating the length of the lease we sign with them. Pictures of the place available upon request.
Looking for someone who is: emotionally stable, active LDS, clean, respectful, honest, and friendly.
Please call or text me at (801)558-0599 or e-mail me at email@example.com you are interested in coming to look at the spot or know of anyone who is looking for a place.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
1. Hi! My name is Joseph Struhs. I currently go to school up at BYU-I in Rexburg. I'm planning to move to the LA area at the beginning of January and am looking for a place to live! So, if anyone is looking for a roommate here in the next month or two, I'd be really interested in opening up lines of communication and checking out the possibilities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I am graduating from BYU in December and will be moving to LA for a job at that time. I'm LDS, hard-working, clean and looking for roommates that are the same. I 'm looking for a room to rent, preferably around $700. I'm hoping that you know of someone looking for a roommate, or know of a good place for me to search. Contact Brooke Carpenter at: 949 547 0503
2. Chelsea Joubert is looking for a place to live/roommates. Budget is around $600. Ideal is short-term. Contact email@example.com
Monday, November 19, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
1. Female private room in 2 bedroom condo in Torrance
Sunday, September 30, 2012
1. Looking for roommate- I have a full apartment's worth of furniture including couches, tables, bookcases, an entertainment center, plasma tv, cooking and eating utensils, etc. So the ideal situation would be to team up with someone who doesn't have any furniture. .. I have to be out of my current place within the next week, so I'll pretty much take whatever I can find in that time frame. I can throw my furniture into storage if there isn't any room for it.
Feel free to call me or email me if you have any questions.
2. Looking for roommate- I am new to SM YSA ward, and need some help finding a new place! I am currently in the area, but just found out that I need to find a new place soon.
Email Elyas Zamani at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Part-time roommate- I'm looking to move down to the area shortly. I'm an engineer up in the Mojave Desert, but I'm looking to find a place down here to stay on the weekends. So if anyone has a guest room or shared room or other space they'd be willing to part with on the weekends in exchange for some rent, let me know.
Email Dan Ricks at email@example.com
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
1. One (possibly two) guys looking for temporary housing (2-3 months) starting in September near Atwater village. Contact Kevin: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. I'm a 22 year old female looking for a roommate or to rent a room or guest house. I graduate October 13th and will need to be out of my dorm in Hollywood by then. I had a roommate who I was looking for housing with in the North Hollywood area, but she may have booked a job in San Diego, so this may not work out. I only have a couple weeks to figure my housing out so I am desperate. I am looking to pay between $400 and $600 a month and would prefer to have my own room (I'm up for turning a dining room into a bedroom) since I've been sharing a dorm room with two other people for 3 years, but it's not a necessity. I also have a car, so available parking is a necessity.
Please email me: email@example.com
Sorry, but no pets are allowed on the lease that I have. You'll get 285 sf of private space, and share about another 300-350 sf of shared common area space with me.
I'm a quiet, non smoking, non drinking, student going to design school this fall. I am non LDS but I respect LDS standards.
Master bedroom suite in a north-facing 2 bedroom apartment
Window gets sunlight, a view of the street and faces to a second floor of a house, not another apartment complex!
Unfurnished - no furniture in the room! Pictures are shown furnished (but current roommate will be taking all of the furniture in this room)
sliding mirrored closet
air conditioning unit in bedroom
private bathroom within the master bedroom (see photos - that area behind the closet is the bathroom!)
Shared use of the kitchen and common area,
You are welcome to share the fridge I am providing with me
one covered gated parking space attached to the apartment (parking is stacked). The gated parking space has an electronic clicker, so you don't need to get out of the car to open it!
14'3" x 20' = ~ 285 square feet of private rental space (not including shared use of the kitchen and common area)
Your room will be on the opposite side of the common area from mine, which minimizes a lot of noise issues. It is a second floor apartment walk up and there is no elevator.
Monthly rent is $750 a month, plus shared utilities (electricity, gas, internet, sanitation and trash is included for free) that usually ends up being around $35-$40 a month. Deposit of $750.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
1. Two girls looking to share a room. Moving from Utah this Thursday. Looking to pay no more than 500 each to share. Would like to be in Brentwood, Santa Monica or Culver City . Please call Angie asap at 801 828 8661 with anything available that you know of.
2. You can either rent long or short term. The lease expires on 12/15/2012 and after that it’s month to month.
The rent is $1,025/month, approximately $1,050 with utilities. The rent is negotiable. Large private room with a private bath in a 2B/2B 1,400 sqr. ft. apartment. Lots of storage space. Hardwood floors in living room, carpet in bedrooms. Bright and cheery with TONS of natural light – floor to ceiling windows in living room. Safe, residential neighborhood. Spacious kitchen. Private parking. Easy access to both I405 and I10. Amazing roommate. You can choose to either be in the SM YSA or LA 1st ward.
Call 650-575-6679 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Two girls seeking one- to two-bedroom place to move in immediately. Need a month to month lease because I'll be studying abroad in January. In or under the $1500/mo. range. Going to school at LMU (located in Westchester) so something Santa Monica and south is ideal for location. Call or txt Mickell 916-475-7740 or email email@example.com.
1. Currently looking for a fourth roommate for a really nice apartment situated just south of Santa Monica Blvd. and close to the LA Temple. The roommates consist of two UCLA students and a USC graduate student who are fun but studious. It’s a nice apartment, in a nice location, with a nice price.
Rent is $515.00 a month plus utilities, with a security deposit of $550.00.
Please contact: Aaron Nichols at (402)238-4687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, August 27, 2012
- 2 bed, 1 bath, 1,000 sq. ft., estimated $1,900-2,200/month (see note below)
- 1675 Manning Ave #16, Los Angeles, CA, 90024
- 2 tandem parking spots, large storage closet, and secondary private stairwell entrance from back
- Washer/dryer on site
- Includes 2 in-window A/C units
- 3rd (top) floor with no shared walls
- Shares property line with the temple and temple driveway (on the corner of Manning and Eastbourne, just north of Santa Monica Blvd.)
- Fantastic views of temple out kitchen, dining room, and bedroom windows
- Large patio on east side looking out over Century City with Hollywood sign in the distance
- 3 other LDS families in the building (out of 17 units)
- Walking distance to Temple, Church on Ohio, Westwood Village, Century City, Westfield Mall, and UCLA
- Note: Current lease ends December 31 but we need to move out now. We pay $1,795/month, but prices have gone up in the building. We estimate the unit will get listed between $1,900-2,200/month.
- Contact: Randy Hulme, (805) 722-0345, RSHulme@gmail.com
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Female private room in 2 bed 1 bath apt
Month to month lease. Can be long term or short. No lease/contract
-Very large. (I nicely fit a queen size bed, dresser, double dresser, bookcase)
-Room has wall of closets with mirror sliding doors.
-Super bright with a huge window
-Shared bathroom with 2 other girls
-Kitchen has tons of storage space
-Tandem parking and street parking (I've never had a problem).
-8 min drive to the beach
-w/d on site
-And best quality: the building (3 out of the 4 apts) are all lds girls and they are the best.
-Available: labor day weekend (sept 1st)
-Apt located between culver city and marina del ray
Please contact Melissa Hellewell- Email or text, no phone calls please: email@example.com (303) 808-0189
One private room available in a cute, charming, 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment in Beverly Hills. Neighborhood is extremely safe with friendly neighbors and is within walking distance to cute shops and cafes. Cross streets are Olympic and Doheny, it is also a great central location to Santa Monica, Downtown and Hollywood. Hands down, one of the best neighborhoods in Los Angeles.
One large private bedroom is available with two closets and comes with great view of downtown (no staring into neighboring apartment windows and vice versa).
The best feature of this apartment is one amazing fun, professional roommate!
The rent is $890.00 a month plus utilities, available to move in September 1st.
Please call Maren at 801-380-9579 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Please contact me if you have something!
email: email@example.com phone: (650) 644-7785
2. My friend and I will be moving at the end of September or there-abouts, and we're looking for a third to share a room with her. We'll be getting a two-bedroom place in Westwood or nearby (so we can be in the LA ward). We're both in film and friendly, fun people! Must be okay with dogs; I have a small one. We're looking to pay $2,000 max for the place, which would probably be about $600 for the shared spots. We don't have a place yet, we're looking now.
Please email me, Katie, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you might be interested in joining us!
3. Sarah will be attending the Gnomon School of Design is located at:
1015 North Cahuenga Boulevard Hollywood, CA 90038
and so was hoping to be as close to the campus as possible. We thought we had things lined up a couple of times now but both have now fallen through.
School starts the 3rd week of September (14th). My ideal was an LDS family that was renting out a room, or someone who might be looking for to share a room. She has lived in an apartment with 3 other roomates before and she really liked it and got along well with the other girls.
We had budgeted between 400-600 month but if we need more then Dad will kick in some extra funds.
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Looking for a room >$900/month around the UCLA area. Sam currently lives in San Diego, so she can drive up and meet with potential roommates to make sure ya'll will click.
LDS female will begin attending the Gnomon school (Hollywood) in September. Would prefer to rent room from LDS family, but would also be open to LDS roomies. Contact her father, Michael, at the above email for more info.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
I am a church member currently looking for an apartment and a roommate(s). I will be moving to the Hollywood around August 10.
Does anyone out there only want a part time roommate? Anyone either 1) Have a spare room but doesn't want a full-time roommate, or 2) Have a deal on a place that is sooo good, I wouldn't feel bad only staying there half the time but paying for it all?
Here's why: I'm starting a Program at UCLA this Fall but want to stay living down in San Diego. The class only meets Monday and Tuesday night. I also have an internship which at the moment is only Monday-Wed, maybe just Monday and Tuesday.
So, I'd commute from San Diego and I would for sure need a place to stay Monday nights and maybe Sunday and Wednesday nights. I am option to a few options:
1) Pay someone's utilities or part time rent for a part-time room or even a pull out couch. (I could go shower at 24 hour fitness if necessary).
2) Pay full rent, but only live there half the time. (If I'm going to do this, the deal has to be SWEEEET).
3) I'm open to other ideas.
Email me, Nathaniel Maughan, (facebook stalk me if needed) at email@example.com. THANKS!
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
"The master bedroom of my apartment will be up for rent from the end of october until the middle of february for 700$ a month, utilities included. It's fully furnished with a full-size bed, dresser, night stand, and a desk. My roommate is taking a break from school for the semester and we need a reliable young lady to take her place while she's gone. Please let me know if you or anyone you know might be interested!" - Contact Katie Moya on FB if you're interested.
Also: 1-bedroom in Koreatown that's cheaper than normal due to no available parking. If you need a cheap one-bed, this is your chance: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/apa/3148049519.html
Studio in a Mormon-saturated neighborhood (bwahaha, we're taking over): http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/apa/3130409639.html
Monday, July 2, 2012
Male housing available July 20th
A private room is opening up in our awesome apartment. Here's the scoop:
Average about $800/mo with utilities
Shared bathroom (with one other person)
Huge apartment (by LA's standards)
Enormous private deck area with workout bench
Top story of building
Beautiful view of temple(2 blocks away)
Trash chute (wooo!)
On site laundry
Close to all sorts of stuff.
Two roommates. Both active.
Best apartment ever.
If interested send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call me 425-749-8604
Monday, June 18, 2012
The Legendary "Fairburn Hotel"* will be having a vacancy starting July 1st!!
For those unfamiliar with this amazing place and opportunity, it its located walking distance to the LA Temple near the intersection of Santa Monica Blvd & Beverly Glen. The stunning apartment features 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, appliance-filled kitchen and a living room so large you could easily pack in 203 yodeling bearded-midgets, and fit a massive flat-screen TV, humongous couch, coffee table, giant love sac, and a pool table, and still have plenty of room...**so we have.
If you are selected to inhabit this coveted spot you will have to yourself one large private room with a sliding glass door that opens to a shaded balcony. You will also be graced with the opportunity to be surrounded by awesomely-rad roommates, all of which either attend LA YSA (LA1st) or Westwood II.
Rent is $788/month, plus utilities that averages another $75 a month.
*Not an actual hotel mind you, but it has lodged so many guests that even we forget that its just an apartment.
**Correction: we no longer have the 203 yodeling bearded-midgets
1818 Fairburn Ave. #203
Los Angeles, CA 90025
If interested email: email@example.com
We apologize in advance for not being able to have vacancy for all who respond.
All the best!
PS. He who moves in will take over Mark Glover's room, and be roommates to the reminder of us (Jonathan Welch, Jared Lesueur, and Dallin large)
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Lease would be from the beginning of February until the end of September.
Rent is $547/month plus utilities which are around $25 (includes water, power, gas, garbage, and internet)
We have a washer and dryer in the apartment as well as a dish washer, microwave, oven, and fridge.
Close to FIDM and USC (near Downtown).
For questions or if interested, contact Kylee Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, January 2, 2012
10th floor Bunker hill apartment downtown Los Angeles next to the Walt Disney Concert Theatre.
Shared room, great view of downtown, parking space and new appliances.
$575 a month including utilities. Great roommates. Access to roof pool/hot tub/exercise room.
Spot available February 15th.